TYSL Referee Information
TYSL is a Recreational soccer league for kids aged 3-19. Games are played on Saturdays, usually in the morning and early afternoon hours at two separate fields. Direction links can be found on our website.
- U8 games are played at Ed Garvey Recreational Facility in Sandown
- U10, U14, U14, U19 games are played at Woodlock Park in Atkinson
If you want to be a referee but cannot afford the required certification, TYSL may provide financial assistance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To Referee for TYSL:
- Be at least 12 years old.
- Take the NH referee certification class (first time, or re-certification every year):
– Go to nhreferee.net
– On the left, under “Instruction”, find and complete a Grade 8 class by clicking:
“New Referee Training” (first time, ~$105)
OR “In Service Training” (re-certification, ~$55)
(classes typically start about 4 months before each season starts)
- Register as a Referee with TYSL, at least 3 weeks before each season starts:
– Login to your referee account on GotSoccer.com
(go to Login, Referees and Assignors)
(first time – create an account)
– Register for the current TYSL season:
Under Events, Search Events, look for “TYSL”, then “Register for Event”
Under Assignors, make sure Erika Lundin is checked for the Upcoming Event
– Fill in ALL your availability (blackout dates/times that you cannot work)
– Enter your age group and position preferences
(note that in order to ref U8 games, Center must NOT be “Unpreferred”)
– Complete a Risk Management Background Check (if at least 18 years old)
- Submit the Medical Waiver Form.
(if under 18 years old, valid for one year)
- Attend the mandatory referee meeting each season:
– Spring 2018: Saturday April 7 from 10:30-11:00 at Ed Garvey Recreational Facility in Sandown
(this meeting will cover general rules for the league, and answer any questions you might have)
- Become familiar with TYSL-specific rules in the Referee Manual.
(and a copy of the manual will be in the tote at the field)
- Have the proper gear:
– Yellow referee shirt (recommend short sleeve for when it’s hot out)
– Black referee shorts
– Black white-stripe referee socks
– Flags (any style)
– Yellow and red cards
(starter kits are usually available with all the above for ~$70)
– Time keeper
– Black (or mostly black) sneakers or cleat
– Black pants (recommended instead of shorts when it’s cold out)
– Black thermal shirt or sweatshirt (recommended under ref shirt when it’s cold out)
– Black gloves (recommended when it’s cold out)
Where to shop: Stores like Suley’s in Manchester, or online sites like refereestore.com
If your availability changes:
Enter it in your GotSoccer account (ideally at least 2 weeks before each game)
As games are assigned to you:
Accept or Reject games as soon as you can
(if you do not Accept a game, the system WILL NOT let you be paid)
Note that typically newer referees will start with U8 games, then progress to U10+ Assistant, then to U10+ Center Ref.
On game day:
- Wear/bring the proper gear.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to check the fields and teams, and to be ready on time
- Sign the attendance sheet/schedule in the tote at the field.
- Notify the Referee Coordinator (Assignor) of any scheduling changes or game concerns
Referee payment information:
U8 : $20.00/game
U12/U14/U19 lines : $23.00/game
U12/U14/U19 center: $35.00/game
Referees are paid by check every 2 weeks.